In this talent-scarce market, hiring and keeping the right people is more important than ever. The costs and difficulty of finding, hiring and retaining the best and brightest people are increasing every day.
Consider these sobering statistics:
- For the average US worker under 35
- Average time in a job is <3 years
- 80% stay less than five years
- One-third of all <35 workers are in the first year with their current employer
- 35-40% of US workers plan to change jobs in the next 12 months
- For the average US worker >55 yrs. of age
- In 2010, the number of experienced employees needed became greater than the labor available
- Every year, an increasing number of Baby-Boomers (now 46-64) are eligible to retire
- Declining US birth rates will only compound and accelerate the problem
- Competition for top talent in certain fields (IT, Sales, Engineering, Healthcare) is heating up, and highly qualified candidates are scarce
Good people are harder than ever to find, and difficult to keep. People are moving from job to job with alarming frequency. With this looming workforce crisis, it’s more important than ever to keep your top performers engaged and motivated – and to hire the right people to get the job done.
On Purpose can help you implement the best hiring strategies and talent management processes and assessment resources today – and prepare your business for success in the future.
Call us today for a free consultation and find out how you can put the right people in the right jobs and keep your top performers engaged and motivated.
Download our brochure “How To Hire Right – Every Time“ a 9-step process for finding and keeping people who are good
at their jobs and love what they do.
Download our brochure “Can Your Organization THRIVE in a Recession?” This 12-point organizational check-up will help you determine if you’re ready to weather the storm and remain competitive in this uncertain economy and highly competitive business environment.
Contact On Purpose today for the best talent management training and strategy, and a free consultation.